Friday, February 8, 2008

The Joy of People

One of the greatest joys I experience routinely is the joy of people that God sends to me. What once seemed a wonderful serendipity has become a fairly regular treat. I am blest to look up from work from time to time--computer dazed, snow shovel weary, study eye bleary--only to find that God has sent me a visitor! I LOVE IT! People come looking for information about the church, wanting to talk faith or religion, maybe needing directions or a word of encouragement or just wanting to share a piece of their history with the church and community.

Regardless of need or motive, it's always a blessing to meet new folks and share a moment of conversation and communion. The Spirit in the believer thrills to the rhythm of the Spirit resonating in another, and our day is brightened.

To each of you, I say a hearty "thank you" for sharing life in the moment. May our Lord bless you for being a warm, friendly, stereotypical (?) New Yorker!

No comments: